Thread: Chinese dramas recommendation

Chinese dramas recommendation

Recommend me some good chinese dramas please!

In return I will give you mine :

1. The Journey of Flower (there's a reason why I put this first. The drama is very addicting! CGI is super bad though )

2. The Legend of Zhen Huan (watch this! Even though there's no eye-candy. trust me!)

3. The Empress of China (meh, it was okay. It was not bad, but seriously, it was just okay. If you compare it to the other historical dramas out there, this would be one of those on top. Not because it was exceptionally great, but because the others were lacklustre (lacklustre as in, low-budget, cheesy storyline, unbelievable plot, bad acting etc)

4. Beauties without Tears (hmm, this was produced by Yumama so there are a lot of those cheap Yumama trademark in this drama. The sets are gorgeous though! Anyway, not a big fan of the lead actress. The drama itself was ok in the beginning, went downhill near the middle, and picks up the story again with hong Taiji and Hai Lanzhu near the end. In fact, Hong Taiji and Hai Lanzhu are the only reason this drama is here. Their story was my favorite. This is the first time the male lead is truly in love with the villain (can we even call her that?) from the beginning till the end)

5. Schemes of a Beauty (hmm, I've watched this long ago. Long before I started obsessing over chinese dramas so I don't really remember how it was. This was also produced by Yumama if I remember correctly, so there will also be shallow superficial plot drive because who cares about logic as long as it caters to the plot. But the relationship between the leads are suuuuuper cute, so I put this here).

6. Shan Shan Comes to Eat (Evil Boss, silly employee. You get the drift. Cutest story ever! If you don't like the first episode, keep watching. The story will get much much better!)

7. Lady and Liar ( The story was good. Good enough to keep me watching non-stop for days )

8. Love Me if You Dare (Oh Wallace, marry me!!!!!!!! This drama is a 10/10. Even if you don't like criminal setting, watch this. You will love this!)

9. The Imperial Doctress (It was okay. It was super funny in the beginning, I just wish the ending wasn't like that.)

10. The Chronicles of Life (This was okay as well. This was produced by Yumama btw. Overall, a light story. I swear Yumama's dramas are my guilty pleasure!)

You can recommend me Taiwanese dramas as well. But please make sure they're really good. I checked a couple of taiwanese dramas lately and end up dropping them all. Like maybe my expectation got higher as I grew older but I feel like long gone were stories like Autumn's Concerto and Hai Pai Tian Xin. The qualities of Tw-dramas lately are dropping just like HK-dramas

1. The legend of ancient sword (male chemistry is really good )

2. Xuan yuan sword 2013 ( main actor is Hu Ge n Wuxia genre )

3.Noble aspirations (currently airing I watched 10 ep its good for me)

4.The mystic nine ( currently airing )

5. The lost tomb ( mystry)
    Last edited by rian; 08-12-2016 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rian View Post
    1. The legend of ancient sword (male chemistry is really good )

2. Xuan yuan sword 2013 ( main actor is Hu Ge n Wuxia genre )

3.Noble aspirations (currently airing I watched 10 ep its good for me)

4.The mystic nine ( currently airing )

5. The lost tomb ( mystry)
    I am currently watching that!