- Title : A Cube of Sugar (Iran-Movie) (2011)
- Alternative Title(s) : Ye habe ghand
- Hardsubbed or Softsubbed: Softsubbed
- English Subtitles: Yes
- Date Aired (YYYY-MM-DD): 8 October 2011
- More Info: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1846445/
GD Star RatingA Cube of Sugar (Iran-Movie) (2011),
- When all the family gathers in their old, beautiful mansion to celebrate the youngest sister’s wedding, no one expects the happiest day in her life to have a drastic surprise in the end. Iran’s official candidate for the Academy Awards 2012, A Cube of Sugar portrays the vibrant life of a traditional Iranian family that has to face yet another big twist of fate.
- Download Links:
Award & Nomination:
Selected as Iran’s representative for Best Foreign Language Film in the 85th Academy Awards, 2012
IBAFF International Film Festival 2013: Best Fiction Feature Film
Take OneCFF: www.takeonecff.com/2012/a-cube-of-sugar
The song that plays on the radio at the end of the movie:
OST lyrics translation:
Radio Song ~ کورس سرهنگ زاده – بگو کجایی / به سوی تو
(Kouros Sarhangzadeh – Begu Kojayi / Be Sooye To)
(Kouros Sarhangzadeh – Tell Me Where You Are / Towards You)
Movie size: 552 MB
Duration: 1 hour 47 minutes
Resolution: 720 x 400
As always, HJSplit to join the files.
Potential Spoiler Alert
(Also please read comments section with caution if you haven’t watched this movie and want to avoid spoilers)
Since I’m not too familiar with Iranian customs and values, I need an Iranian view on several subjects.
Could someone shed some light?
1. Why did just now Ghasem make clear of his intention towards Pasandideh, albeit indirectly, that this will be his last leave, that ‘Next time I come home, I’ll stay with you’?
Is it because he feel grateful to his aunt and uncle for taking care of him in the absence of his parents, and he wanted Pasandideh to marry a more suitable suitor, and now that his uncle has died there’s a possibility the wedding won’t occur, so he step up to take responsibility? Did he read this death as Fate’s intervention, that his uncle fated to die on Pasandideh’s wedding day as a sign that he must follow his uncle’s wish for him to marry Pasandideh?
2. What will Pasandideh tell to her fiance 40 days later? Will she break the engagement or will he break it?
3. Lastly, the most important one^^: It is obvious that Ghasem and Pasandideh love each other. After all that has happened, will they get married?
The children’s request to Ghasem to build them a house after it was once fell apart and Ghasem’s expression when hearing it, the radio that finally working well and Pasandideh’s smile when hearing the song, are those some signs for their happiness?
But, Ghasem discovered those wedding ornaments that have been covered under Pasandideh’s chador while he was looking for a door for the children’s house… and next thing we know he left without a word to Pasandideh… Can we still hope for their happy ever after? Will he keep his promise to ‘stay with you next time I come home’?
~GD Star RatingA Cube of Sugar (Iran-Movie) (2011),
Posted in: -Comedy, -Drama, -Family, -Romance, A, C, Editors-Pick, Iran-Movie, Other Asian Drama Movies– August 17, 2014