- Title : City of Life and Death (2009) (C-Movie)
- Alternative Title(s) : Nanking Nanking
- Number of Episodes: 1
- Date Aired (YYYY-MM-DD): 2009
- More Info: N/A
Chapter 1: Masa, a Japanese soldier
1937. Like many ordinary Japanese people, Masa’s tranquil rural life is disrupted forever. Drafted into the Imperial Army, the young farmer receives two very different farewells on his departure. His mother gives him a samurai sword – to commit ritual suicide rather than shame his family and the Emperor. His nanny just tells him to come home alive, whatever. The military drills are tough and rigorous, but like most young recruits, Masa is dying to go to China and fight for the Emperor. Masa’s unit fights its way into
Shanghai, but they lose almost half the men. One of the officers promoted are Masa and Sozo. A few months later, they enter the city of Nanking as decorated heroes. Ordered to eliminate 7,000 surrendered Chinese soldiers, the two start a killing competition. It is photographed by the Japanese newspaper Asahi Shimbun. Although Masa initially forbids his men to violate any woman, the sight of one of them raping a mother and daughter arouses a physical instinct in him. He joins the rape and receives a round of cheers for it. He orders the victims to be killed. Rape becomes a pastime and addiction for him. One officer is murdered during a raping spree in a refugee camp. Masa has all the Chinese men in the camp executed.
Chapter 2: Xiong, a Chinese soldier
As the Japanese troops sink into a downward spiral of cruelty, Xiong, a lieutenant of the National Party, does his best to defend the country. After losing his platoon at the fall of Nanking, he hides out in the refugee camp set up by a German businessman, John Rabe. Xiong’s greatest worry is Yun, his lover who has gone missing. Rabe has provided a sanctuary for tens of thousands of Chinese. One day, Japanese soldiers search the camp for Chinese soldiers. Xiong is detained along with others. At the point of execution, Rabe intercedes with five women claiming him and four other men as their husbands, and proving their civilian status. Yun is one of them. However, this is their final meeting as Yun is caught in further rescue attempts and gets shot before Xiong’s very eyes. Xiong works undercover as a Red Cross member to save civilians.Thanks to his uniform, he is spared from the massacre of all males in the camp, ordered by Masa. Thousands of Chinese men are used as live targets for training rookie Japanese soldiers. Xiong and the older men are given the task of dumping the bodies into a river. Rabe finally rescues Xiong – the last man to survive Masa’s killing spree. This drives Masa mad. Three days later, he spots Xiong on the street and arrests him. Eventually, after a night of unexpected reversals, Masa releases Xiong, who escapes to rejoin the Chinese resistance, and survives the war. On the eve of his escape, he breaks down in tears before Rabe.
Chapter 3: Masa and Xiong
1945. Masa is repatriated. His mother has passed away, and his nanny arranges his marriage to a sweet hometown girl. However, he is arrested as a war criminal by the American occupation on his wedding day. 1946. Masa faces trial in China. The photograph taken by Japanese press becomes incriminating evidence for his death sentence. At the execution, he notices a familiar face. It is Xiong, who carried out the execution. Xiong finds himself weeping afterwards. No one knows he is a survivor from Nanking. 300,000 Chinese were murdered in Nanking in 1937.GD Star RatingCity of Life and Death (2009) (C-Movie),
- Download Links:
Runtime: 129 mins
- Some of the files have been mis-renamed and have extension such as the following: _mkv, _mp4, _part, _avi, _zip, 001(2) and _rar. If you run across such files, just rename the underscore (_) with a period (.)
- You might not be able to access the file host because the link protector is being blocked in your country. We will no longer provide direct/original links, so no need to ask. Also, we won’t change the link protectors.
- Before you post a comment complaining that a link is dead, try checking ALL the other file hosts.
- Go here to post Missing or Dead Links: doramax264.com/restore
- Some of the filenames have been changed. However, the subtitle filenames haven’t been changed. For the subtitles to appear, both the videos’ and subtitles’ filenames have to be the same, excluding the extension.
- Some files might be out of order, so be sure to skim through all the filenames before complaining that a file is missing.
- Some split filenames may be slightly different than others. For example, one might contain the year while the other doesn’t. To rejoin the files, the filenames must be the same, excluding the part number.
GD Star RatingCity of Life and Death (2009) (C-Movie),
1 Comment• POST COMMENTS IN ENGLISH ONLY
• WHEN A DOWNLOAD LINK SAYS TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE (MU) OR ERROR (MF), THEN JUST WAIT (UP TO TWO DAYS) FOR IT TO FIX ITSELF BEFORE POSTING A COMMENT CLAIMING THAT IT'S "DELETED" OR “DEAD”
• WE DO NOT CREATE THE SUBTITLES, SO WE DON'T KNOW WHEN THE SUBS WILL BE RELEASED. IF YOU WANT TO KNOW THE STATUS OF THE SUBS, THEN YOU’LL HAVE TO ASK THE FANSUBS, JUST DON’T ASK US BECAUSE WE DON'T KNOW.
• IF YOU WANT TO SPEED UP THE RELEASE OF THE NEXT EPISODE, THEN PROVIDE A LINK TO THE MU RAW FILE.
• IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH VIEWING SUBS, OUT OF SYNC AUDIO/VIDEO, DEAD LINKS, CORRUPTED DOWNLOADS, STATUS OF ENCODES OR SUBTITLES, THEN